Last Friday’s Facebook trivia question asked users to name the most common cosmetic surgical procedure for people aged 51-64 in 2012. The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery reports that the most common procedure last year among people in this age bracket was blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery.
When performed by a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon, aesthetic eyelid surgery can leave individuals looking more rested, refreshed and alert. Healthy individuals may be good candidates for cosmetic eyelid surgery if they have:
- excessive skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids,
- loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids,
- a puffy experience to the upper eyelids,
- excessive skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelids,
- “bags” and “circles” under the eyes, and/or
- lower eyelid droopiness.
Eyelid surgery can also be combined with a brow lift or brow-lifting injections (as in the patient pictured here) for a complete eyelid rejuvenation.