We are excited to offer the new Silhouette InstaLift™ in Providence, Rhode Island. I first started doing the procedure in New York. The Silhouette InstaLift™ is a FDA-approved, anti-aging treatment for the face and areas in the neck that we can do right in the office without a knife or even intra-venus sedation. We use bi-directional cones or sutures that connect themselves to tissue. We are then able to lift the skin without the use of hooks, or a scalpel. This new innovative procedure is an alternative for patients who do not want a traditional surgical facelift, need minimal recovery downtime, and want to see immediate results.
Since this procedure is fairly new in the United States, we wanted to share some FAQs and hopefully, we will be able to answer any questions you may have.
- When was Silhouette InstaLift™ cleared by the FDA? – The product was cleared by the FDA in April 2015.
- Is everyone a good candidate for this new innovative procedure? – Both men and women can be good candidates, however, not everyone is. It is best to contact us and schedule a consultation to determine if this procedure is right for you.
- Who should perform the Silhouette InstaLift™ procedure? – Silhouette InstaLift™ should be performed by a highly qualified physician who has both very advanced technical skills and proven artistic abilities. It is not an easy procedure to get the kind of results we want to get. There are a lot of nuances. I have undergone special comprehensive training and have performed this procedure in New York and in Providence. We believe we are the first practice to be offering this treatment in New England.
- Can the Silhouette InstaLift™ procedure be COMBINED with other procedures? – Yes! We feel this is one of the great advantages. We can devise a whole “no knife approach” treatment plan. We combine this with removal of jowls and fatty deposits. We are also excited to be able to do fat injections with our patients’ own fat and their associated stem cells at the same time. This helps address the areas of deflation and hollowing that we get with the aging process. Synthetic fillers are also used if that is indicated and desired by the patient.
- What are Silhouette InstaLift™ devices, what are they made of and what do they do exactly? –Silhouette InstaLift™ sutures and cones are made from PLGA – poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid), a polymer that is frequently used in medical devices and absorbed into the body. These devices have bidirectional cones that lift the subcutaneous tissue. In time, the sutures are naturally absorbed in your body and stimulates the production of collagen that aids in the renewal of your skin.
- How can Silhouette InstaLift™ improve my appearance? – Having sagging facial skin is a major contributor to an aged and tired appearance. This minimally invasive procedure enhances the contours of your face by lifting the layers of your skin for a more youthful look.
- What areas in the face does Silhouette InstaLift™ treat? – This procedure is for the mid-face, cheeks, and some areas in the neck where it can help restore contours and increase volume.
- How is Silhouette IntstaLift™ performed? – This procedure is performed in our office or in our outpatient operating room. It takes approximately 45 minutes. I mark the areas of desired lift and then I gently insert a needle through the tissue and remove it at each bi-directional exit point. The sutures have bidirectional absorbable cones that hold the tissue in place. This procedure has been well tolerated all of our patients.
- What is the downtime and what should I expect after my procedure? – There may be some mild redness and swelling for a few days but you can usually get back to your daily normal routine with very little downtime. More importantly, you should be able to see results right away.
- Is general anesthesia required? – No, only local anesthesia, not even I.V. sedation.
- How much does Silhouette InstaLift™ cost? – The treatment fee varies according to each patient’s needs and the number of sutures required. We will be able to give you the fee after you are examined.
If you feel the Silhouette InstaLift™ is what you are looking for or if you have more questions about this procedure, please contact our office to schedule a consultation with our team by calling us at: 401.400.4222.