A breast lift and augmentation after losing a massive amount of weight can restore your breasts to a youthful, plump, restored appearance. A breast lift resolves sagging breasts by elevating the breast mound to a more youthful position, with a custom augmentation to restore lost volume.
The effects of weight loss
After losing a massive amount of weight, it can be difficult to fully enjoy your thinner body when you are left with sagging, deflated looking breasts. Your skin may not have the capacity to bounce back after massive weight loss. Many women who have undergone bariatric surgery or have lost a dramatic amount of weight through diet and exercise are dismayed with the condition of their breasts, which appear flat and drooping, with nipples stretched or pointing downwards. Fortunately, this can be corrected with a breast lift, with fullness restored with an augmentation – allowing you to completely enjoy your weight loss success!
The benefit of a breast lift and augmentation after massive weight loss
When you have worked hard to lose excess weight and get on track with a healthier lifestyle, you want to be able to wear revealing, tighter clothing, but may feel the need to hide flat, droopy breasts. The benefits of a breast lift and augmentation after massive weight loss is that you can restore a youthful, plump, round appearance to your breasts. Our patients tell us this is a very rewarding experience. No more feeling embarrassed by your breasts – you can wear plunging necklines or swimsuits with total confidence. The benefits of a breast lift with augmentation after weight loss include:
- Breasts are lifted to a higher, youthful, perky position on the chest wall.
- Nipples are placed in a natural looking position, centered on a restored, plump breast mound.
- Stretched areolas are reshaped to be more attractive.
- Lost volume in the breasts is restored with implants.
- Excess skin and tissue are removed to create a trimmer, more attractive upper body.
Meet with us.
Every person will experience unique changes to their body after a massive loss of weight. You have a personal vision of how you would like your breasts to look, in size, shape, and projection. A consultation with Dr. Sullivan is the first crucial first step to achieving your post-weight loss goals. During the consultation you will discuss:
- What you consider should be changed in your breast appearance.
- How large you would like your breasts to be.
- How you would like the size and shape of your areolas to appear.
- The extent of the excess skin and tissue that must be removed.
Your consultation is the best time to discuss your vision and ensure that your breast lift with augmentation meets your expectations.
A breast lift with augmentation is performed under anesthesia and may involve:
- Incisions around the areola, down the front of the breast from the nipple to the crease, and along the breast crease, or all three, based upon the extent of the corrections needed.
- The excess skin and tissue remaining after weight loss will be removed.
- The breasts will be lifted to a higher position on your chest wall – no more sagging or drooping.
- Your natural breast tissue will be reshaped.
- If needed, the size and location of the nipples and areolas will be altered to create a youthful, fresh look.
- Your breast volume will be augmented with implants.
When will I see the results?
You can expect to see beautiful changes immediately after surgery, although the full results will require several months. In the early stages of healing, swelling and bruising is expected. At about the three to four week mark, the swelling and bruising fades away, and the incisions are healed. You will enjoy your beautiful, rejuvenated breasts, with initial results achieved at six weeks, which continue to improve over the months ahead as the scars fade and blend with your skin tone.
Why choose Dr. Sullivan?
Dr. Sullivan has over 25 years of experience as a board-certified plastic surgeon. He has helped thousands of patients reach their aesthetic goals after massive weight loss. Schedule a consultation today to see how Dr. Sullivan can help you to achieve the final step on your weight loss journey – and congratulations on your achievement! With the help of Dr. Sullivan, who is widely regarded as being among the finest plastic surgeons practicing in the region, your breasts can be completely restored.