According to ASPS, 2015 was considered The Year of the Rear – stating “every 30 minutes of every day last year, someone got a butt augmentation.” Now, that is an incredible statistic. Not only are butt augmentations the fastest growing procedure, plastic surgery on the whole is surging in America.
Obviously, butt augmentation has a definite aesthetic importance, especially for our female patients. Aesthetic standards of popularity change with time, culture, and ethnicity. In our society today, social media and celebrities – Kim Kardashian and JLo – are to thank for this ever-growing procedure. One thing is for sure: every one of us desires a well-toned and well-proportioned backside.
The most common complaints related to the buttocks are either they are “too big” or “too small”. Plastic surgery can address both of these problems. Other cosmetic problems associated with buttocks are:
– Sagging backsides associated with massive weight loss
– Sagging backsides due to aging
– backside never developing into what we want
What are your options?
Butt shaping is a surgical art requiring fine hand skills combined with a thorough understanding of the important anatomy as well as butt (gluteal) aesthetics and ethnic variations.
- Butt reduction – Butt reduction is performed by liposuction, which reduces the fat from the butt and adjacent areas.
- Butt augmentation – We feel increasing the size of the buttocks can best be achieved surgically by injecting one’s own fat cells harvested from the person’s own body.
All of these procedures are performed by my team and I with natural looking results. To learn more about the fastest-growing procedure in 2015, please feel free to contact our office at: 401.400.4222. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.